nonreview: wall-e

Everyone else is reviewing this one, so I won't. I'll just add my voice to the throng: it was awesome.

Some great WALL-E reviews from my posse:

Film Arcade
John's Movie Blog
The Dark of the Matinee
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

5 Response to "nonreview: wall-e"

  1. Fletch says:
    June 30, 2008 at 6:11 PM

    I think I mentioned it when I did my Iron Man review, but I feel the same way as you. For some of these blockbusters, I feel like within 2 days of its release, just about everything has been said already. I know that's pessimistic (people want to hear my voice, I should tell myself), but I just feel like I'd be regurgitating a smorgasbord (sp) of what I'd already read.

  2. Jess says:
    June 30, 2008 at 7:55 PM

    I really liked the reviews you chose. I particularly like "The Dark of the Matinee".

  3. Nayana Anthony says:
    July 1, 2008 at 9:40 AM

    I appreciate your comments, guys. When I decided to do the nonreview thing, I felt a little guilty, like it was lazy or a cop-out. And it probably is... but I think it redeems itself with links to some of my favorite people.

  4. Ryan McNeil says:
    July 1, 2008 at 8:24 PM

    Well ragarding what Jess and Nayana said - aw shucks...

    Second, there's no shame in saying "I'm sitting this one out", since it gives you a chance to absorb the subject and come back to it later with a fresh perspective.

    For instance if it's a movie that's getting backlash (not like WALL-E would), you can take a stance later and help sort out the fray.

  5. Daniel says:
    July 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM

    Whatever. Sometimes there's just not a lot to say, or you're busy. That can happen, too. I don't review everything I see, even though I feel like I should. Clearly, nobody's hurting looking for movie reviews these days, so I don't worry too much about it.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates