i was there

20,000 Minnesotans crammed themselves into St Paul's Xcel Energy Center last night to witness Barack Obama's declaration of victory (for the primary, at least). Dorcas Hathaway, her partner Psych Clone, Captain Crash, and I were among them.

We waited in an epic line to get in, and then sat for a few hours waiting for the big guy to take the stage. The excitement was palpable. Seriously. I actually palped it for a little while until Dorcas told me to stop.

This morning, my throat hurts from screaming. But I'm so glad I went. I can tell my kids and grandkids, you know?

I know we're a long way from the finish line. And I know it's corny. But I really am feeling hopeful.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "i was there"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    June 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM

    My palms still hurt a little from all the clapping.
    Dorcus

  2. Daniel says:
    June 4, 2008 at 12:29 PM

    I'd feel worse saying this if you hadn't made it in, but I actually had VIP privileges last night. One of my best friends is a high level staffer. We had free food and champagne and hung out with Obama for like five hours.

    Just kidding, about the last part. Really the VIP thing just meant I didn't have to wait in line - like at all - and had reserved seating with a bunch of people that have a lot more money than me. Good times.

  3. Nayana Anthony says:
    June 4, 2008 at 3:24 PM

    Were you on the club level, or down on the floor?

  4. Daniel says:
    June 4, 2008 at 5:14 PM

    I was on the club level. I guess I'm not pretty enough for the floor. No I don't know who the floor people were. They had different wristbands than we did. I think they were handpicked from somewhere...

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates