so here's the plan...

I've gotta start blogging.

The last few years have seen a lot of changes in my life... that's what happens when you're approaching thirty, newly emancipated from a first marriage, learning to take scornful comments with a grain of salt. I guess I'm learning to be me. And a big part of me is....

I love movies.

I mean LOVE love them.

I guess I've always enjoyed the world of entertainment, and in the course of conversation I would constantly refer to it. My dad wondered if I was capable of conversation that didn't involve mass media, so I allowed myself to believe it was a bad thing, a limitation on my part.

But it's ok.

I love movies, and it's ok.

Last year, I started to indulge my passion in earnest... I made a conscious goal to see all the Oscar movies before they were even nominated. It meant hours spent in theaters... two, three, even four movies in a day. My friends thought it sounded unbearable. I, on the other hand, was in heaven. I went alone, and came home with my head swimming. I had stayed in one building for a whole day, but had traveled all over the world. I saw life through the eyes of people I would never meet. I was exposed to new ideas I had never considered.

This year I didn't even make that conscious effort... but I still made it to all the movies. It's ingrained in me now, I suppose.

So I guess the purpose of this blog is to share my experiences with fellow cinephiles. Maybe a review here or there, but mostly I just want to impart the joy I find in seriously good cinema.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

12 Response to "so here's the plan..."

  1. Fletch says:
    January 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM

    Well congrats on...just about everything! It sounds like you're embracing your love of movies, and that can't be bad. I look forward to seeing more from you. And hey, nice LAMB button!

  2. Nayana Anthony says:
    January 17, 2008 at 9:33 AM

    I heart LAMB.

  3. Anonymous Says:
    January 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM

    Congratulations on a great launch. I like your writing a lot, and your style. I've been a film buff a VERY long time. It's great to know a whole new crop of film fanatics will be around to keep this great medium alive and well.

    (I'm a LAMB, too.)

  4. Nayana Anthony says:
    January 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM

    Well thanks, Ms. Marilyn! I don't think I could hope for better praise than that.

  5. Linda says:
    January 17, 2008 at 8:07 PM

    Wow, your Oscar project is similar to mine! Like your posts so far, found you on LAMB. I'll be out here reading!

  6. Matt says:
    January 18, 2008 at 5:10 AM

    Glad to see another cinephile spreading her... wings? In any case, I'll be coming back.

    (I'm a LAMBie too)

  7. Nayana Anthony says:
    January 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM

    Welcome, Linda & Matt! I appreciate your good thoughts.

    Linda- I greatly enjoyed your blog, and will return often.

    Matt- So I'm guessing... you're into "Lost"? *lol*

  8. Michael says:
    January 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM

    this post reminds me why i like movies. "I had stayed in one building for a whole day, but had traveled all over the world." i get this feeling all the time. ;o)

    glad to get to know another film buff and fellow LAMB.

  9. Nayana Anthony says:
    January 24, 2008 at 10:29 AM

    Wow, Mike. High praise. Thank you. :-)

    It really is cool getting to know others who share my passion for film.

  10. Nayana Anthony says:
    February 7, 2008 at 10:30 AM

    Thanks, Rick, I really liked your blog! And you are welcome here any time.

  11. Jesue Valle says:
    April 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM

    Yes! I feel exactly the same way about movies, as you do.
    Glad I'm not the only one, i was a bit worried I had to start attending cinephiles anonymous lols.
    Will enjoy reading your future posts.

  12. ReelSigs Autographs says:
    September 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

    How is it that blogging has gone on so long without me knowing it? Ugh! I love finding blogs about movies, in fact I can't sleep because I am so hopped up on adrenaline just browsing them. Great blog, movies movies movies, I love it!

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates