day zero update #1

Each Friday, I'm going to try to update you all on my progress on my Day Zero list. Hopefully that will get me motivated to work on the thing! As Mr. Nayana mentioned last week, I've already gotten a few things knocked off the list (though not as many as he gave me credit for).

Completed Tasks

#21: Get caught up on Google Reader. I did it! I don't want to tell you how many items there were when I started. :-/
#43: Get thank-you notes done. Of course I've got no reason to whine about the lovely wedding gifts we received, but those thank-yous can lurk in your mind like the yet-unseen killer in the first 20 minutes of a slasher flick! I got tired of seeing them waiting for me on my desk every day, so I set a deadline: November 5, two months after the wedding date. And they went out! Just waiting on Mr. Nayana to deliver a few at work, but I think we can consider this one completed.
#86: No Facebook at work for a week. It wasn't easy, but I did it. And it was amazing how much work I got done that week, though I obviously shouldn't have been surprised.
#88: Influence another person to make a DayZero list. Mr. Nayana doesn't count, because we're kind of doing it together. But this was still the first task I completed; one day after I started, my friend Karen got on board. Yay!

Tasks in Progress

#15: Watch all AFI 100 movies. I just posted my progress on this one on Wednesday. Right now we're at 44/100.
#16: Get 200 Facebook fans. We're at 89 right now, people. If you haven't "liked" me yet, go here. And tell your friends!
#17: Watch all Academy Award Best Picture winners. I'm sure I'll post my progress on this one in the near future, too. I'm not as excited about this movie list as some others, just because some Best Picture winners have, frankly, sucked.
#19: Watch all Coen brothers movies. I'm MUCH more excited about this one. I think I'm about roughly halfway done.
#22: Stay caught up on Google Reader for a month. I officially got caught up yesterday, November 11. So this task will be completed December 11, 2010.
#23: See all feature films directed by Hayao Miyazaki. See #19. Pretty much the same goes here.
#24: Pay off all credit cards. Aren't we all working on this? It'll be a few years.
#25: Pay off car loan. See #24.
#44: Get all new gifts put away and house in order. Working on it. But, "house in order"? Yeah, right.
#47: Finish name changes. I actually changed my name with my cell phone company today! All I've got left to do is insurance company, electric company, cable company, one of my credit cards, and my passport. Have you ever tried to change your name? This is my third time. It's a pain in the ass.
#65. Learn sign language. I'm taking a class on this every Tuesday with my friend Karen (see #88 above). Super fun, though I've not had to use it with an actual deaf person yet.
#71. Complete our wedding registry. This is going to be a whole lot closer to completion after Christmas.
#82. Get caught up at work. Working on it, but it will be a few weeks before I can cross this one off.

And that's my progress so far. I hope to have good news for you next Friday.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "day zero update #1"

  1. Mr. Nayana says:
    November 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    all of the thank yous have been delivered at work.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates