day zero: my coen brothers movie list

I heart the Coen brothers. They are easily my favorite local-boys-made-good (they're from Minnesota, just like me!) So I think it's tragic and a bit embarrassing that I have not yet seen the entirety of their oeuvre. Therefore, I added it to my Day Zero list at lucky #19*, and I can tell you this is one task I'm really looking forward to.

Here's the list:

  1. Blood Simple
  2. Raising Arizona
  3. Miller's Crossing
  4. Barton Fink
  5. The Hudsucker Proxy
  6. Fargo
  7. The Big Lebowski
  8. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  9. The Man Who Wasn't There
  10. Intolerable Cruelty
  11. The Ladykillers
  12. No Country For Old Men
  13. Burn After Reading
  14. A Serious Man
  15. True Grit

I've got 8 out of 15. How many have you seen? Any thoughts on the ones I haven't seen yet?

*Just saw the "Nightmares" episode of Buffy. Review tomorrow.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

5 Response to "day zero: my coen brothers movie list"

  1. Ashley Noelle says:
    November 24, 2010 at 7:17 AM

    I Loved Raising Arizonia movie. You will really enjoy that one :)I won't say too much because I don't want to give away anything by accident!

  2. filmgeek says:
    November 24, 2010 at 8:05 AM

    I love the Coens too. I've seen Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and No Country For Old Men. I highly recommend Blood Simple and Raising Arizona.

  3. valis says:
    November 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM

    I'm at 9, having seen 1-8, and 11. I didn't realize that I had missed as many new ones. Will go check to see if their is room on that oh so small Netflix queue.

  4. valis says:
    November 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM

    Ha, I realized I saw Intolerable Cruelty in the theatre but didn't remember what movie it was by title. So 10 of 15.

  5. Jess says:
    November 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM

    Raising Arizona is awesome. You'll probably realize how many movies have ripped it off. Cruelty wasn't great in the theater, but I want to see it again.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates