movie wasteland part deux

Looks like it's week two in a Minnesota movie dry spell. There is nothing premiering in the theaters that interests me in the slightest (except for Nanking, which looks pretty cool). Captain Crash saw Rambo and said it was great, but my dear roomie and I often differ on what makes great cinema. (No chick flicks for him, no dick flicks for me).

I got No End In Sight from Netflix, though, so maybe the weekend won't be a total waste... but I'm kind of tired of staying in. (Now that the temperature has finally risen above zero, it's relatively safe to venture out). Oh, well.

I am counting the days until February 15, when I get to see all the Oscar-nominated short films. They're showing at the Lagoon. Yippee!

Until then, I'm going to try to exercise patience.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

5 Response to "movie wasteland part deux"

  1. David Bishop says:
    February 1, 2008 at 4:47 PM

    You should put City Lights(1931) on your queue if you're having a dry spell. It is quite good.

  2. Patricia Perry says:
    February 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM

    I SO hear you on being tired of staying it! After a couple weeks of alternating snowstorms and way-below-zero temps, I am looking forward to getting out to a multiplex this weekend. (But thank heaven for Netflix in the meantime, right?)

  3. Anonymous Says:
    February 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM

    Tell me about it. There hasn't been sh*t released in the theaters for the past few weeks. It's upsetting to say the least....

  4. Nayana Anthony says:
    February 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM

    Chris... will do.

    Pat... I got out... but there were no movies! Just rewatched Atonement.

    CG... word.

  5. Fletch says:
    February 4, 2008 at 10:07 PM

    Hmmm...your statement about chick vs. dick flicks has me perturbed - I'm not all that crazy about either. I'd rather not watch either 27 Dresses or Rambo.

    I prefer asexual flicks, I guess. :) (though I would take Schwarzenegger over Bullock any day of the week when push came to shove...)

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates