oh happy day!

After 100 days, the writers are writing again. Unfortunately, TV may have lost me forever... but I'm stoked for the Oscars! (Please let them not be a snooze-a-thon.)

I've been wildly busy this week and haven't finished any movies since Sunday! (I got about halfway through Roman Holiday.) I'm a bad, bad movie blogger. Tonight I hope to rectify.

Tomorrow night I'm catching Definitely, Maybe, and then Friday night I'm seeing the Oscar-nominated shorts! If I were any more excited, I'd be vibrating.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

6 Response to "oh happy day!"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM

    Hurrah! It's good that they are back in business, but i've been surprisingly good during all this. When it happened I cried for minutes (on the inside), but then I noticed all the nice shiny DVD boxes for Seinfeld on the shelf.

    I think this ordeal has made me stronger in the end.

    Definitively, Maybe is one of those movies I can't decide if I want to see or not, but I'll end up seeing it anyway, probably on DVD. I look forward to your review!

  2. Nayana Anthony says:
    February 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

    I think this ordeal has made me realize what kind of entertainment is really important to me. The TV I can take or leave.... but I can't live without movies.

    I'm excited for Definitely, Maybe. It's a romcom, which I generally like, and it looked cute, but I was worried it would just be trite claptrap. But the reviews seem to be generally good from the people I respect. I hope to post a review tomorrow.

  3. Fletch says:
    February 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM

    Not excited to see Definitely, Maybe, but I like the cast. Bad, bad title, though - they should just call it Generic Rom-Com...

  4. Nayana Anthony says:
    February 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM

    Fletch, I'm one of those in the minority, who still has hope for the rom-com. Yes, most of them are trite and stale. But there was Love, Actually. And Bridget Jones' Diary. And The Other Sister. And Juno, for that matter. I guess I'm always (naively) hoping that the next rom-com with the great cast will be one of those fantastic ones that really speak to my heart.

  5. Fletch says:
    February 17, 2008 at 7:28 PM

    Whoa whoa whoa - you had me until the words "Other Sister" appeared. That is one of the most laughably bad flicks I've ever seen. Of course, that pretty much echoes my thoughts about Juliette Lewis, but whatever...

  6. Nayana Anthony says:
    February 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM

    I'm sorry you didn't like The Other Sister, but I definitely wouldn't call it laughably bad. Like I said, it spoke truth to me. I actually have been working with people with developmental disabilities for about nine years; what I most appreciated about the movie was the sweet honesty that tends to come from that population, as well as their constant struggle for independence from well-meaning (if overbearing) loved ones. I think that's one of the greatest things about film in general: like any other art form, we all see it filtered through our own experiences and worldview.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates