then she found me

***BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT***


I wish Helen Hunt the best. I really do. I've always loved her, first in "Mad About You", then especially in Twister and As Good As It Gets. She seems like a regular person; one that wouldn't be hard to approach, to have a chat with over brunch.

But I just couldn't enjoy her directorial debut, Then She Found Me. It was a big glob of gloom. Basically... she's getting old and having trouble conceiving. Then her husband leaves her. Then her mom dies. Then she finds a nice guy... but she cheats on him. Then she gets pregnant... but miscarries. Then she finds her birth mom... who turns out to be a pathological liar. The big happy ending is... a baby from China. Yeah, that's sweet, but it so did not make up for the previous two hours of big fat bummers.

It was well done and all, but I left the theater utterly dejected.

Why, Helen? I spent $8.75 and two hours on that! Come on, girl!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

3 Response to "then she found me"

  1. Shannon the Movie Moxie says:
    June 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM

    Whoa, thanks for the spoiler warning. :)

    I've seen this one and yep that sums it up, except I loved it. I thought it was real, complicated, messy and showed imperfect people in all their beauty as well as bad moments too.

    I though Helen Hunt's range was fantastic, and I loved Colin Firth in it as well.

  2. Jess says:
    June 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM

    Interesting...I might have read a few more reviews before I decide to see it. Nayana we usually agree so I'll be interested to find what others think

  3. Nayana Anthony says:
    June 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM

    You're right, Shannon. I think it was one of those movies that I know in my head is well done, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.

    You're sweet, Jess. :-) Yeah, I suggest at the very least seeing it at a matinee so you don't have as much to lose.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates