postlet #8

Everyone knows it's not cool to talk during the movie. But could you shut up during the previews, too? Thanks a bunch.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

9 Response to "postlet #8"

  1. Fletch says:
    April 30, 2008 at 12:20 AM

    Haha - yup, I'm with you. Once the lights go down, stfu.

  2. Nayana Anthony says:
    April 30, 2008 at 9:51 AM

    Yeah. I have a problem with stupidity.

    After a preview for a comedy movie, the green band came up for the next preview... "Rated R for terror and violence". The woman behind me said loudly "Terror and violence? But that was a comedy!"

    I confess, I thought about inflicting some terror and violence at that moment.

  3. Daniel says:
    April 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM

    YES.

    >-)

  4. Fox says:
    April 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

    I confess... I am a whisperer during the previews. But AT LEAST I whisper. And honestly I just do it to annoy my wife cuz she hates it too.

    But come on, when you have to sit through the trailer for *The 11th Hour* for the 47th TIME(!!!) it's a little hard not to add your own soft commentary.

    But yeah... I'm hardcore once the house lights fully go down. My friend even made us some shirts that say "PLEASE DON'T TALK AT THE MOVIES". It's quite a conversation starter when it's worn in public.

  5. Shannon the Movie Moxie says:
    April 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM

    I'm with you on this one, even if I've seen the trailer a zillion times. But ... here they don't put the lights (fully) down until after the trailers.

  6. Nayana Anthony says:
    April 30, 2008 at 6:49 PM

    Well... if people whisper so low that I can't hear it... then ok.

    But I don't think that ever happens.

  7. PIPER says:
    May 1, 2008 at 12:07 PM

    Good point.

    I love the previews. Sometimes its the best part of the movie.

    The wife and I always get into a debate about showing up early because I want to see the preview.

    But I do reserve the right to be snarky once I've seen a bad preview.

    Saying things like "winner" or "count me in."

    But it's usually to myself.

  8. Fletch says:
    May 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

    I go with the thumb down and a "pphhhbblbblttt" sound. But that's just me.

  9. Nayana Anthony says:
    May 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM

    It's funny that you guys say that...

    When I see a movie with Captain Crash, we ALWAYS try to get there for the previews. We have a little game, kind of a cross between Rock Paper Scissors and Siskel & Ebert. At the end of the preview, when the title of the movie shows (and not before), we make a fist, pound them twice and then on the third beat, we each produce a thumbs up, thumbs down, or thumb to the side to indicate whether we'll see it. We do it that way so neither of our votes can influence the other. It's rad.

Copyright © 2008-2010 The Center Seat
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates